With the hot, humid days of summer often comes storm season. And these may not be light sprinkles and a few passing clouds, often these can be powerful storms that can impose major damage on your home or property if you’re not prepared!
There are a number of tasks that you can do to prepare your home for a storm, here is five of them:
- Install surge protection. Adding a surge protector to your home and HVAC systems can limit the risk of surge damage from a massive storm.
- Clean the area around your home. Homeowners should clean, remove, or secure items their home that could cause damage with a strong wind. (Think outdoor furniture, tree limbs, debris)
- Clean out your gutters & drains. This is good practice in any season and at any time of year, as this will prevent water from collecting around the home. Make sure that nothing blocks the flow of water from the roof out and then away from your home.
- Check your sump pump. If you have a sump pump in your basement, double check it to make sure it is functioning properly. Clean the area around the sump pump so that the intake and suction area of the pump is able to do it’s job in the most efficient way possible – clear away water.
- Work with GW Savage. If any issues happen during or after the storm, be sure to call the professionals at GW Savage! We’ll work to restore your home or space to even better than it was prior to the storm!
- Ways to Prepare Your Home for Storm Season - June 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Virus Updates - March 23, 2020
- Cleaning Work: Before and After - February 28, 2020
- Cleaning with Morantz Ultrasonic - February 1, 2020
- G.W. Savage Set to Work with Violand Management Assoc. in the New Year! - December 31, 2019
- 10 Tips to Keep Your Home Warm This Winter - December 22, 2019
- Ways to Defend Against Pesky (and Problematic) Ice Dams - November 29, 2019
- Snow on Your Roof – How and Why to Remove It - November 15, 2019
- Promotion Announcement! - October 23, 2019
- Prepare Your Home for High Winds - October 19, 2019