Given the worldwide pandemic we are all much more aware, disciplined, and dedicated with our cleaning as we work to stem the tide of the coronavirus and keep ourselves and our loved ones safe.
When cleaning in our homes, especially if using products that we are unfamiliar with or if the work is an in enclosed area, we need to be extra careful. Many cleaning products – including soaps, polishes, and detergents – often include harmful chemicals and, while we are trying to stay healthy, its these cleaners that can make people sick during this unprecedented time.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention outlines these tips to stay healthy while cleaning:
Wear reusable or disposable gloves and use eye protection for potential splashing.
Clean surfaces first using soap and water, then use disinfectant.
Always clean items according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. Yes, even after cleaning!
Make sure that you have adequate ventilation in the space you are cleaning.
Use no more than the amount recommended on the cleaner’s label
Avoid mixing chemical products
Store and use chemicals out of the reach of children and pets
Taking these precautions will allow you to stay safe while keeping clean!
- Staying Safe While Keeping Clean - September 30, 2020
- Welcome Rachel Keefer! - September 24, 2020
- Labor Day Weekend is a Good Fall Cleaning Weekend - August 31, 2020
- As Vermont Re-Opens We’re Here to Help! - July 25, 2020
- Ways to Prepare Your Home for Storm Season - June 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Virus Updates - March 23, 2020
- Cleaning Work: Before and After - February 28, 2020
- Cleaning with Morantz Ultrasonic - February 1, 2020
- G.W. Savage Set to Work with Violand Management Assoc. in the New Year! - December 31, 2019
- 10 Tips to Keep Your Home Warm This Winter - December 22, 2019