Scratchy throat? Runny nose? Cough, chills, slight fever?
Sure, this time of year you could be battling allergies, or one of your little ones could bring home some sort of germ from their classroom. Don’t be surprised though to learn that your house itself is very well what may be making you feel sick. There are molds, bacteria, and toxins all around us, and, especially if you have an older home, these causes of your cough could be concentrated in certain areas of your residence.
Let’s look at a two specific ways in which your ‘Home Sweet Home’ may not be so sweet to your health and wellness…and what you can do to rectify the situation.
Various Combustion Gases >> These gases, such as carbon monoxide, can cause flu-like symptoms and even more severe respiratory illnesses. There are, sadly, hundreds of deaths each year as well from these gases that go un-checked and un-regulated within a home.
Allergens >> We’ve written before about how mold in your home can cause allergies and cold-like symptoms. Allergens in your carpets, your ductwork, and even on your pets can cause a variety of respiratory troubles.